We Remain Open For Business | Find Out More Information Here

Gas Safety Week 2016 – 19th-25th September

GasSafe infographic Gas Week This week, organisations from across the UK, including us here at SGS, will work together to raise awareness of the real and often overlooked dangers of poorly maintained gas appliances.

Gas appliances can cause gas leaks, fires, explosions and even fatal carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning.

At SGS we are GasSafe registered.

The Gas Safe Register is the official list of gas engineers who are qualified to work safely and legally on gas appliances!

At SGS, we care deeply about spreading the important work of GasSafe:  to educate and inform the general public about the risks of gas appliances in the home and the dangers of using unregistered and unsafe gas engineers.

This year the main theme of Gas Safety Week is the importance of helping to inform the elderly generation of gas risks.

The facts:

  • 260 over 65’s are injured by gas appliances every year
  • 3 in 4 UK citizens have never discussed gas safety with older relatives
  • 8 million elderly people are at risk across the UK from unsafe gas appliances

An audible Carbon Monoxide Alarm costs around £15 and could save an elderly relatives life. 

So this week, we at SGS encourage you to speak to others around you about gas safety in the home and help spread this important message!


Contact Us
Quick Enquiry

Quick Enquiry

Please tick below if you would like to receive occasional email news and offers that we think you might be interested in.

Yes Please

SGS Boiler Installations, Heating and Electrical Services Salisbury
Call:01722 331066