Did you know that installing a Smart thermostat can help you save money on energy and heating bills?
Installing a Smart thermostat gives you the ability to take control of the way in which you heat your home and hot water, whilst you’re out and about and on the go.
If you don’t want to waste expensive energy by heating empty rooms, a Smart thermostat lets you decide which rooms to heat, when to heat them and at what temperature. And you don’t even need to be at home to do it. Using the Smart app you can set your heating and hot water from wherever you are.
Some systems even help you save energy by learning how your home warms up, or how draughty it is, adapting itself to only use the energy that it needs.
Compatible with home assistants like Google Home and Alexa, smart heating devices allow you to easily set your own heating schedules, monitor your daily energy usage and help you to stay in control.
Here are some of the features available on HIVE, GOOGLE NEST & WORCESTER BOSCH THERMOSTATS:
HIVE SMART THERMOSTAT FEATURES:
- Set schedules and boost your heating all from the Hive app – or just ask Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant to do it for you
- With Geolocation, Mini knows if you’ve gone out and left the heating on – and sends you an instant reminder to turn it off. Or better yet, connect it to a Hive Door Sensor and it’ll automatically switch off when your front door closes.
- With built-in Frost Protection, you don’t need to worry about burst pipes. If the temperature drops below 7°C, it’ll automatically turn on the heating to warm your pipes and keep things flowing.
- Holiday Mode makes it easy to save money back home. Just set a dedicated schedule using the Hive app. You can even make sure your heating and hot water’s already on when you get back.
- Hive Heating Plus helps you reduce your bills, monitor your heating efficiency 24/7 and lower your carbon footprint.
GOOGLE NEST SMART THERMOSTAT FEATURES:
- Your thermostat controls 60% of your energy bill. So shouldn’t it help you save energy? The Nest Thermostat does. Because it learns from you. It gets to know the temperature you like when you’re at home. And turns itself down when you’re away.
- It even learns how your home warms up or how draughty it is, so it only uses the energy it needs. That’s how the Nest Thermostat saves energy.
- It comes with a hot water schedule — just adjust it from the Nest app. You can boost the heat so that you have extra hot water if you want it. And when you’re away from home for a few days, you don’t have to remember to turn off the hot water. The Nest Learning Thermostat will do it for you.
- A Nest thermostat also shows you how to save energy. Each time you adjust your thermostat to an energy-efficient temperature, you’ll see the Nest leaf on the thermostat screen and in
the Nest app. Over time, it becomes harder to earn a Leaf, which encourages you to save even more energy.
- A Nest thermostat also learns how quickly your home heat and cools, because no two homes are exactly the same. And it considers the outside weather conditions. When it’s very cold, your home may take longer to reach the temperature you want. So, a Nest thermostat can figure out how early it needs to turn your system on the heating to get your home to the target temperature on time. And it learns when to turn your system off to prevent overshooting the target temperature.
WORCESTER BOSCH SMART THERMOSTAT FEATURES:
- Want to heat your house before you get home from a weekend away? Turn off the heating in an unused bedroom? Check your energy use anywhere from your phone?
- With EasyControl and Bosch smart radiator thermostats (Smart TRVs) you can easily control the heating in each individual room to give maximum comfort when and where you want it. Smart TRV’s even come with a child-lock setting, controlled through the EasyControl.
- The thermostat automatically turns the heating down if you’re no longer in the house and detects when you’re returning home, turning the heating up to your desired temperature.
- The app provides you easy-to-understand graphs on your gas consumption for heating and hot water – it even has the ability to include current gas prices to give you estimated readings. The display shows how efficient your heating programmes are, so you can adjust settings to keep energy use at an optimum level.
If you want to discuss the options available to you, give one of our friendly and helpful team a call for further information:-
Call us: 01722 331066
Email us: email@example.com
(*Estimated savings based on data from Hive. The Hive Thermostat works with the majority of boiler and heating systems).