The privacy notice explains how we SGS Heating & Electrical, intend to collect and use information about you.
SGS Heating & Electrical may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1 May 2018.
Who we are
SGS Heating & Electrical, Unit 4 Dolphin Industrial Estate, Southampton Road, Salisbury SP1 2NB
The information we collect
Under data protection law we are known as the ‘Data Controller’ of the personal information that we collect about you. As a data controller we have certain legal responsibilities concerning how we collect, use and share your personal information.
The types of personal information we collect from you includes:
How we use your personal information
We think your information is as important as you are, so want to make you aware of how we may use your personal information:
Transfers of Personal information
We may permit selected third party companies to use your personal information, for the purpose set out in the section ‘How we use your personal information’ (above). Selected third-parties will be subject to obligation to process your personal information in compliance with the same safeguards that we deploy.
We confirm that all personal information held by us about you will remain in (and will not be transferred outside of) the European Economic Area (EEA) where data protection laws are of an equivalent stand.
How long will we keep your personal information?
We continue to process your information until you withdraw your consent or it can be reasonably assumed that your consent no longer exists.
Legal Grounds to process
The legal grounds we rely on to process your personal information are that processing is necessary for:
Your rights in relation to your personal information
Unless subject to an exemption (under the GDPR), you have the following rights with respect to your personal data
Cookies are small text files that allow us to identify your computer, recognise repeat users, observe anonymous user behaviour and compile aggregate data about users in order to improve the service we provide. The data we collect using cookies does not identify individual users and is only used for tracking, analysing and marketing.
Most web browsers will accept cookies, but if you would prefer we did not collect data by this method, you can disable this function within your browser settings or you can visit the About Cookies website, which offers guidance for all modern browsers. However, without cookies, you may not be able to use the full functionality of our site, including personalisation of the web content to reflect your personal usage.
By using our website you agree that we can place these types of cookies on you device.
Service Plan Terms & Conditions
Period of Agreement
Your agreement begins from the date of your initial inspection for a 12-month period. If you have multiple plans then we would align the dates together so your plans would renew at the same time.
This is your first inspection to check whether your boiler and system is suitable for cover. It is all subject to the engineers visit. We will inspect your appliances / controls/ gas or oil central heating system (depending on the plan you have taken out). We will normally carry out your initial inspection within 30 days of application.
Prior to the end of your period of Agreement, we will write to you to tell you about the changes to what is included in your agreement or any changes to your prices for the next year. If you pay by direct debit, we will automatically renew your agreement for another year unless you tell us otherwise.
If you have one of our service plans Bronze, Silver, Gold or Platinum then you are entitled to an Annual service of your boiler and a visual check of your system. We will send you a service reminder through the post or via email. It is your responsibility to ensure you book your service date. We reserve the right to alter the service date due to operational reasons.
If you have system filters that have been fitted by SGS, then we will also clean them out and at a small cost we can replace scale inhibitor cartridges or Combi-Mate syphon balls. Our engineers will always advise if anything needs to be improved on with your boiler and system. You will be provided with an electronic copy of the service report either emailed direct to you or posted whichever you prefer.
Our engineers carry a comprehensive van stock. We will do all we reasonably can to find and install parts from our approved suppliers. We may use other approved parts or part that have been reconditioned by the original manufacturers. If parts are limited or obsolete for your boiler our engineers will advise accordingly.
Your Cancellation Rights
You may cancel any agreement you have with SGS at any time providing you notify us by calling 01722 331066 or by writing to us at SGS Heating & Electrical Ltd, Unit 4 Dolphin Industrial Estate, Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP1 2NB. Cancelling your direct debit with us will not cancel your agreement.
If you cancel any agreement you have with us part way through your period of that agreement and you have had work completed, we may charge you a contribution towards the costs we have incurred but not yet recovered.
Our Cancellation Rights
We may cancel your agreement in the following circumstances:
• If you have given us false information
• If you do not make an agreed payment
• Failure to pay for works not covered by the scheme
• We find something wrong at the initial inspection
• Where there are health and safety issues
• Your appliance is on the approved list containing asbestos
Service Plan Exclusions for (Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Home emergency plumbing)
The following are not included in the Service Plans:
• Removing hard water or sludge from your system or appliance
• Repairing damage caused by scale, sludge or other debris. Repairing or replacing appliance flues or flue terminals that are not
part of the flue system, other than room sealed appliance flues up to 1m in length.
• Vertical flues are not covered.
• HVAC systems and ground source heat pumps are not covered.
• Thermal Stores are not covered on any plan.
• Warm Air units are not covered.
• Any component that has been picked up from the initial inspection by the engineer that has been deemed not up to standard and is on your excluded report.
• Obsolete controls or unspecified wiring centres
• Designer non-standard radiators are excluded (Customer can pay the difference to replace)
• Cold water storage tanks including F&E tanks are not included in the plan
• The replacement or maintenance of bulk fuel storage tanks or regulators and hoses.
• External condensate pipes or soak away. Internal pipes maybe covered so long as accessible.
• Sacrificial anodes are not covered even if the cylinder is on cover.
• Smart heating controls are not covered in the plans.
• Outside drains or shared drains; rodding and jet washing
• Any part that boosts the mains water supply including booster sets and pumps
• Water softeners, water filters and waste disposal units
• Taps that deliver boiling water or filtered
• Water pipes between your home and any detached outbuildings on your property
• Swimming pools, fountains, ponds, water features
• Garden irrigation, free standing garden taps and pipes running to them.
• Rainwater pipes and guttering.
• Frozen pipes that need defrosting where there is no other damage.
• Any water supply that doesn’t supply your home.
• Any faults that happen within the first 14 days of the product start date.
• Any pipes buried under concrete floors.
• Repair or replacement of electrical elements in radiators.
• Replacing or topping up your system inhibitor unless we’ve removed it.
• Resetting your controls or replacing the batteries.
• Underfloor heating and its controls are not covered.
• Your plan does not include cover for any inherent faults or design faults that: were already there when your boiler, appliance or system was installed; existed when you first took out the product.
• If the cold mains can’t be isolated from the stopcock or at the mains from the street.
• Water meters
• Immersion heaters/elements
• The mains water supply pipe to the property
• Making good any access created to repair leaks
• Any electronic devices that detect leaks or isolate water or are lime scale inhibitors
• Plumbing in out buildings
Using your personal information
Information you provide or we hold (whether or not, under any of our agreements) maybe used by us, or our employees or agents to:
• Identify you when you phone us
• Help run any accounts, services and products offered by our company now or in the future
• Help us to detect fraud or loss
• Write to, email or phone you with information about the services and products we offer
Please read our competition T&Cs in the attached PDF document.
If you have any question, or you would like to find out more about this privacy notice you can contact us at:
SGS Heating & Electrical
Unit 4 Dolphin Industrial Estate,