We Remain Open For Business | Find Out More Information Here

Get Your Appliances Checked

Any gas appliance in your home poses a potential risk of producing poisonous carbon monoxide, don’t leave it to chance – protect your household and get your gas appliances checked annually with SGS Heating and Electrical.


The most common source of carbon monoxide poisoning in your home is faulty central heating appliances. Carbon monoxide is the result of a gas appliance being improperly fitted, repaired or maintained, or when vents, flues or chimneys have become blocked. That’s why it’s so important to have all of your gas appliances and gas pipework checked once a year by one of SGS’ Gas Safe registered engineers.

What is a Gas Safety Check?

A gas safety check should only be performed by a Gas Safe registered engineer like the ones at SGS Heating and Electrical, who will test your gas appliances to make sure they’re safe to continue operating in your home. SGS has over 30 years of experience in servicing, repairing and installing boilers in Salisbury and the surrounding areas so you know you can trust us to ensure your gas appliances are working properly and safely.

Our engineers generally:

  • check the flame within the boiler to ensure it’s burning correctly
  • check that the interior components and pipework are clean, ensuring that no parts are affected by dirt
  • test all boiler parts to ensure the boiler is running at maximum efficiency
  • fix any issues that they discover during the boiler service.

Know the Warning Signs

Keep an eye for for telltale warning signs that your boiler or appliance might not be working at 100%. For example, if you see any damage or corrosion, or notice any funny smells or sounds coming from your boiler it’s critical that you get your gas appliance looked at.

That’s not to say that you should wait for these signs to appear before booking a service, it’s very important to keep on top of annual services to ensure your boiler is operating properly. It is also essential to have a carbon monoxide alarm as a warning if you need to take urgent action. The government recommends to know the warning signs of carbon monoxide poisoning in case the worst happens and you require medical attention: dizziness, nausea, headaches, difficulty breathing, and loss of consciousness are typical symptoms to watch out for.


Arrange a boiler service with SGS today or join our SGS Boiler Service Club to ensure peace of mind when it comes to your home’s boiler and central heating.



Contact Us
Quick Enquiry

Quick Enquiry

Please tick below if you would like to receive occasional email news and offers that we think you might be interested in.

Yes Please

SGS Boiler Installations, Heating and Electrical Services Salisbury
Call:01722 331066