There are clear benefits in installing energy efficient lighting in both domestic and commercial premises.
Use our interactive Energy Efficient Lighting Project Calculator to see how much you could save.
Electric lighting can account for up to a quarter of the average home’s energy bills. A great way to incorporate energy efficient lighting into your home is LED (Light Emitting Diodes). Our electricians can provide these as solid light bulbs and are considered the next generation in home lighting.
Benefits of LED Light Bulbs
- Long lasting – LED bulbs last far longer than standard bulbs
- Durable – unlike standard light bulbs, LEDs don’t have a filament, so they can’t be damaged
- Cool – Whilst standard bulbs get hot, LEDs prevent this heat build-up, these bulbs do not cause heat build-up
- More efficient – LED light bulbs use only 2-17 watts of electricity, saving electricity and saving money on replacement costs as they last so long.
Up to 40% of a commercial building’s electricity use is accounted for by lighting. It’s important to get the lighting balance right for the well-being and efficiency of the people working in the building.
SGS offers a range of lighting options and our electricians can help you choose the best suited for your needs.
Commercial lighting options
- Occupancy sensors dim or switch off lighting when there is nobody in a room, and can reduce electricity use by 30%
- Daylight sensors adjust the artificial lighting according to the amount of natural light in a room and can reduce electricity use by up to 40%
- Ongoing maintenance, provided by SGS electricians, can reduce the need for artificial light. Cleaning and maintaining the lighting fixtures will improve their performance.
SGS electrical services are available in the areas of Dorset, Hampshire and Wiltshire including Bournemouth, Salisbury, Andover, Fordingbridge, and Southampton.