When a customer called asking that could we help them in renovating their
1 bedroom bungalow into a 5 bedroom house, the answer as always was –
This was a completely bespoke new renovation and comprised elements including:
- Open plan kitchen with dining room
- 3 x ensuite bathrooms
- 1 x master ensuite bathroom
- Living room, playroom, utility and office
- Dedicated plant room
From the offset of the project, it was important to establish a good relationship with the customer so that we could understand the length, breadth and inspirational ideas of what was wanted and trying to be achieved.
As Nathan Hollywood, SGS Senior Engineer, says “We needed to make sure that the visual impact of this property fitted the customers aspirations perfectly, but also needed to make sure that the functionality of the property remained sound.”
After the planning stage, we set to work on delivering the ultimate installation to make the dreams come true.
This was a project that we really enjoyed doing from start to finish. The customer knew what they wanted and we enjoyed delivering the full specification requirements for the property.
We selected and sought approval for all the products that were to be installed in the project and worked with our local distribution partners in competitively sourcing these. We always made sure that energy saving and sustainability were top priority for our product choices, i.e.LED lighting, so that the customer would benefit from the overall efficiency and costs savings from the lifetime of the installation.
What we did:
- All internal and external lighting installation
- Complete lighting design
- Recommended power design for the building
- Installed audio visual throughout the property, consisting of speakers, internet data Cat5 cable, TV and CCTV
- Intruder alarm linked with client’s phone
- Smoke and heat detection system throughout
- Electric automated gate supply and installation
- Underfloor heating with controls and boiler controls
- Single phase distribution
- White hager accessories throughout for visual consistency
- Dimmable LED lighting
- Recessed LED strip lighting
- External power