Our commitment to environmental change and sustainability
SGS Heating & Electrical is Salisbury’s most dynamic and expanding property care specialists which excels in heating, electrical, plumbing and small building works.
We are always conscious and realise that our activities impact the environment at local, regional and global levels and acknowledges a responsibility for the protection of the environment and of the health and safety of its employees and the wider community.
SGS Heating & Electrical is committed to:
- Promoting the protection of the environment and minimising the impact of all its activities upon each of the local, regional and global environments both directly and through its influence on others
- Contributing to a sustainable and healthy future by conserving natural resources and by minimising avoidable waste and pollution
- Reducing the use of fossil fuels through improvements to energy efficiency and the substitution of renewable energy sources
- Avoiding the unnecessary use of hazardous materials and waste
- Developing effective waste management and recycling procedures and using recycled and recyclable materials whenever possible
- Increasing awareness of environmental responsibilities among staff
- Encouraging initiations that enhance its environmental performance. For example: BS8555 and ISO14001 Environmental System (EMS)
To achieve these goals we will:
- Educate and train staff in environmental matters as appropriate
- Progressively reduce the amount of waste generated
- Market and use products, which create minimum environmental damage and use their purchasing influence to promote the production of such products
- Ensure that all public communications are true and unambiguous
- Respect the interests of neighbours and the world community
- Review our policies in an ongoing manner at regular intervals
- Work with our suppliers and sub-contractors to improve their environmental performance
- Where appropriate, consult with the local community on environmental issues
SGS will continually review our environmental and sustainability policy to reflect new legal and regulatory developments and promote best practices.
SGS Heating & Electrical